Overview of LEAD Programs
At LEAD, we provide a variety of programs focused on helping students to see their own leadership potential and to help them cultivate their leadership skills. We offer activities focused on leadership and leading through service. We provide a safe environment in which students can challenge themselves and learn more about themselves as well. The following is a list of our most popular program offerings. For more information, be sure to check out the "Engage" section of our website.
- L-TEAM - The L-TEAM meets on Tuesday nights at 7:30pm in the LEAD office and covers a variety of leadership related topics. They include workshops around leadership themes, team-building activities, and service projects. This past semester we had monthly themes of leadership influence, service, and leaving your leadership legacy.
- Active Leaders and Emerging Leaders - These cohort programs take place in the fall and spring semesters respectively. Each program occurs on Friday mornings during the semester. At the sessions, participants learn about leadership topics through guest speakers, interactive activities, and practical leadership exercises.
- Leadership Mason Conference - This is the main leadership conference for the year. There are several large presentations, small group activities, and breakout sessions all centered around different leadership topics.
- Brown Bag Lunches – Occurring two or three times a semester, each session is dedicated to a specific topic around leadership with a short presentation followed by discussion.
- Workshops and facilitations – With a combination of pro staff and student leadership consultants, the LEAD office offers a verity of workshops to classes, student organizations, and GMU offices. Program offerings include Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), StrengthsFinder, Emotional Intelligence, communication, and team building. We also offer tailored workshops around leadership competencies, such as communication or icebreakers. For a full list of program offerings or to request a workshop, please visit our website.
- Hampton Middle School Partnership - We have an ongoing partnership with Hampton Middle School through which we go to their school four Fridays each semester to facilitate workshops that we create. This is a great opportunity to volunteer with a Title 1 school, teach kids about leadership, and develop facilitation skills. In the spring, we host an all-day leadership conference at the school as well, which has more volunteer opportunities.
- Various days of service - LEAD regularly hosts small service projects at the various service days that are held on campus.