The following links will help you to prepare for the Mason Virtual 5k! If you are not a runner that’s OK! We have provided a couch to 5K plan that can get you to the 3.1 mile distance over the next 6 weeks. We have also provided a guide to training including strength training exercises that will support a 5k training program. As we get closer to race day check our race day tips for how to prepare for your 5k in regards to nutrition, hydration, warm ups and recovery.
These links are being provided as a convenience and for informational purposes only; they do not constitute an endorsement or an approval by the University of any of the products, services or opinions of the corporation or organization or individual. The University bears no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the external site or for that of subsequent links. Contact the external site for answers to questions regarding its content.
Mason is partnering with BurnAlong, a pioneering online platform that offers on-demand well-being classes and programs on many topics, from physical fitness to mindfulness meditation. BurnAlong trainers pulled a series of preparation classes for the Mason Virtual 5K. Free of charge, Mason students and employees can access hundreds of well-being videos anytime, anywhere after registering.
- Lower Body Barre: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/137448
- Hip & Hammie Helpers with Wall Support – https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/20047
- Lower Body Incinerator Pt 1: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/11872
- ECR: Speed, Agility, and Power: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/3311
- Cardio Blast 25 Minute Workout: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/19481
- Foam Rolling for Runners in ONLY minutes: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/20484
- Strength & Cardio Circuit: https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/53779
- Extreme Fitness Intervals – https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/23334
- FOOT SOLES: Triggerpoint Balls- https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/23062
- 20 min Post Run Stretch Yoga Routine- https://go.burnalong.com/route/class/22345
5 Tips for Beginner Runners