Health and Safety Guidelines:
- Participants will be required to register for the 5K in order to participate in the event.
- Participants are required to sign off on the Assumption of Risk portion of the 5k Registration Form.
- On the day they intend to run/walk as a 5k registrant, George Mason University participants are required to submit the Mason COVID Health Check.
- All participants are required to maintain a 10-foot personal distance from all other people at all times, the required distance for outdoor activities and exercise.
- All participants will wear face coverings during any period they are unable to maintain the 10-foot distance from others.
- Running in a group or with a partner is discouraged. Under any circumstances maintain 10 feet of personal distance.
- Participants: choose or design a 5k route that is convenient for you, one that is in your neighborhood, that you may have run in the past, one that is recommended by a running group, or an exercise app such as Mapmyrun. which has a large variety of run routes for the Northern Virginia Area and a great search tool. As an example:
- https://gmap-pedometer.com/: Work with Google Maps to track exercise and create maps for further running and cycling
- usatf.org/ has a database of “over 603,00 runs provided by runners that is searchable by distance and location. The link takes you to a list of 5 to 10k runs in Virginia.